Friday, September 3, 2010

FLASH MOB!!!

It was an amazing day at the Freehold Mall in New Jersey on August 18th! It was time for a Flash Mob!! The day before, Geo had an open call for anyone to come and learn a dance that we would perform the next day, while Ashley Loren and Roy Hamilton III sang at the mall. It was a really fun Hip Hop line dance. I was so psyched!! The morning of the big day, my family and I collected all the jeans we had around our house, to be donated to the local Head Start program. ICON and the Freehold Mall were working together to gather and collect as many jeans as possible to donate to a great cause. I actually collected 27 pairs!! (I have 3 siblings…we accumulate a lot!!...LOL!) It felt great to donate!
I was so proud to be able to represent ICON, as ICON of the YEAR, at this event. I collected the jeans, and took many pictures with lots of the people and children who were donating jeans. Ironically, I even signed some autographs!! This was a first for me! I thought it was pretty funny! Some of my best friends lined up for an autograph, we were all just laughing! 
When it was time for the Flash Mob, Ashley and Roy began to sing “New New”, and we all began the line dance! It was so exciting to just be out there, be part of a great cause, and at the same time, entertain an unsuspecting crowd. It was overall, a great night!! Geo said in the end, 500 jeans were donated to the Head Start Program! I hope we do more of these special events! Got any ideas? Let me know! 

2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB KATIE! KEEP DANCING AND FOLLOW UR HEART! DREAMS COME TRUE! GOOD JOB KATIEE! <3


    Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS KAITTTIE!!! I AM SO HAPPY U WON ICON OF THE YEAR!! U SOOOO DESERVED IT!! KEEP DANCING!
    UR BFF
    MARIAH ♥♥

    ReplyDelete