Monday, June 28, 2010

Meet ICON of the Year 2010-2011, Katie Fasbach, and Find Out What Went Through Her Mind as Her Title Was Announced

Before they announced the 2010-2011 ICON of the Year, I was totally moved from the award in honor of Rachel from Horizons. I knew how much she had inspired Geo and Beth, and I could see the emotion on their faces, and it was so heartfelt. When they announced the award winner to be my good friend Mikayla Sottile, I couldn’t help but shed a tear for her. She was perfect for that award!  When they then continued to announce the new ICON of the Year, I was still so excited for Mikayla. As my name was announced, I think I went into shock! My mouth dropped, and I couldn’t help the tears of surprise, excitement, and joy just overcoming me. I was, and still am, so surprised.  I dance with so many amazing dancers, I just thought, “WOW!” I am so proud and honored that I was chosen to represent ICON and Geo and Beth! I can’t wait to see what the future holds for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment