Wednesday, June 2, 2010

“Dance, dance now everybody. Move, move now everybody. Shake, shake now everybody. EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!”

It’s here! ICON IV has arrived and we’re ready to rock & roll...or should I say lock & pop...or should I say relevé & fouetté…alright you get the point. At the end of every show we always say, “This was the BEST show ever, it will never get better than this!” and yet somehow GEO,  Beth and the talented ICON staff manage to find a way to make the following year’s show even more SPECTACULAR than the year before! And from what I’ve seen at rehearsals, they’ve outdone themselves again. What an AMAZING year I’ve had as ‘ICON of the Year’! Thank you GEO and Beth for introducing me to so many FABULOUS people, opportunities and experiences! You’ve opened up a whole world for me where I’ve been able to experience more in a year than some performers get to experience in a lifetime! I will be forever grateful and honored for having been chosen for this title. From the minute Alyson Stoner stood on stage and announced my name as ‘ICON of the Year 2010’, to this final week of tech rehearsals, it has been an incredible journey and this awesome ride doesn’t end at ICON IV, it just makes a pit-stop until we hop back on the ride for the next journey that continues with ICON Dance season 2011. Good luck to the next ‘ICON of the Year’! There are so many of my talented peers that are deserving of the title and I don’t envy GEO, Beth or the ICON staff for having to make this extremely difficult decision. Words cannot express my gratitude and appreciation for all that you’ve done for me (or my parents’ appreciation for the scholarship…lol) not just for awarding me this title, but for being the ICONs that I will continue to emulate and aspire to be like. THANK YOU GEO, Beth and the whole ICON staff…you are my ICONs! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment