Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I was in gendance with a creative story written just for me

On gendance Thursday, which is what everyone calls it... May 20th, I was featured amongst other stars such as Nickelodeon's Leon Thomas starring in the new Victorious show as well as Jim Keith, who apparently is one of the hottest dance agents right now. Then... there I was! A feature story written about me to inspire the next generation. If this is what it's like to be ICON of the Year, I could do this every year! Thanks Geo and Beth, you're giving me so much opportunity... at only 12 years old. I'm honored.

The story took a Bonjovi angle due to my last name and was called Blaze of Glory, which I loved. (Hello, he's from NJ!) It also was the first time that everyone found out I was starring in this summers hot flick, The Next Airbender. My peers applauded my modesty about not boasting about the opportunity and it was a pleasure for the article to bring it about in such a great way. My parents were super proud.

Check out the article here. You can sign up to receive gendance at www.gendance.com. I love this next gen vibe and I think you will too. Geo was an Ambassador and he even has HIS own gendance page. Take a look here.

4 comments:

  1. It would take pages for me to list all the greatness that goes on at Icon Dance Complex so I'll keep to the topic of the week, "ZAN BONGIOVI, 2010 ICON OF THE YEAR". I know Zan personally as a friend, as one of my dancers, she's an amazing role model for youngsters as well as her beautiful little sister who adores her. Zan talks about what an honor is it to be Icon of the years but I think Icon picked a Special class act to represent for 2010, Aside from Zan being a dedicated, amazing dancer, she's caring, kind hearted and goes out of her way to say hello and kind words to everyone she sees. I want to Congratulate Zan for being chosen as Icon 2010 and thank her for being a friend and sharing the stage with me! I feel blessed! xo Alessandra xo
    www.facebook.com/AlessandraFan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zan, you truly are a role model for all! We are very proud of you and congratulations on all your endeavors! We can't wait to see the movie this summer and see more of you everywhere!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. zan, you are so admirable and im so happy for all of your success! you are one of the sweetest and most humble people i have ever met in my life, and i am so grateful to have a friend like you. when you were awarded "icon of the year" at the 3rd recital, i was soo glad it was you because you deserve it 100%! you have helped me with so much, whether it's choreography or problems outside of dance, and i can't thank you enough for all that you and your family have done for me. you're truly amazing zan, as a dancer and a person. i love you!
    xoxo,
    tori grassi<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Zan! You are amazing and we all love you so very much. I am so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. I just showed all of my friends your article tonight after work... they cannot believe that you are 12!!! You are great at everything you do! I am so happy for you... love you lots and lots...

    Love,
    Your cousin Caity :-)

    ReplyDelete